Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Queen’s University, Canada,
2020 - Present.
Master of Applied Science, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Queen’s University, Canada,
2018 - 2020.
Bachelor of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, West Bengal University of Technology, India,
2011 - 2015.
Machine Learning Research Intern at Borealis AI, Toronto, Canada, Fall 2022.
Postgraduate Affiliate at Vector Institute, Toronto, Canada, 2021 - Present
Research Assistant at Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, 2018 - Present
I am a Research Assistant in Ingenuity Labs Research Institute and Ambient Intelligence and Interactive Machines (Aiim) Lab at Queen’s, working with Prof. Etemad. My research is primarily focused on self-supervised learning to learn meaningful representations without (or with minimal) human supervision. Please see the list of publications to know more about my research.
Lecturer/Teaching Assistant at Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, 2018 - Present
- Guest Lecturer for ELEC 872 (Artificial Intelligence & Interactive Systems), Fall 2023.
- Head Teaching Assistant for ELEC 472 (Artificial Intelligence), Winter 2023.
- Head Teaching Assistant for ELEC 472 (Artificial Intelligence), Winter 2022.
- Teaching Assistant for ELEC 472 (Artificial Intelligence), Winter 2021.
- Course Developer for ELEC-252 (Electronics I), Fall 2020
- Teaching Assistant for APSC-143 (Introduction to Computer Programming for Engineers), Fall 2019.
- Course Developer for ELEC 472 (Artificial Intelligence), Summer 2019.
Sr. System Engineer at Infosys Ltd., Bangalore, India, 2017 - 2018
Software Engineer at Tech Mahindra Ltd., Hyderabad, India, 2015 - 2017
- Jordan Posen, ECE at Queen’s, undergrad final year project, 2021.
- Rachel Phinnemore, CS at Queen’s, undergrad final year project, 2020.
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2023.
- European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2022.
- IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, 2022 - Present.
- IEEE Transactions on Artificial Intelligence (T-AI), 2021 - Present.
- IEEE Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII), 2021, 2022.
- ECCV Workshop on Visual Object-oriented Learning meets Interaction (VOLI), 2022.
- IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2020.
- IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), 2019, 2020.
- ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (SAP), 2019.
Organizing workshops and conferences
- Workflow and Publicity Chair AAAI 2023 Workshop on Representation Learning for Responsible Human-centric AI (R2HCAI).
- Workflow Chair AAAI 2022 Workshop on Human-Centric Self-supervised Learning (HC-SSL).
- Served on the organizing committee of AI/GI/CRV Conference 2019.
- Student Representative in Graduate Studies Academic Advisory (GSAC) Committee, Dept. of ECE, Queen’s, 2020 - 2021.
- PhD Rep. at Graduate Electrical and Computer Engineering (GECE) student council, Queen’s University, 2020 - 2021.