Currently, I am a Student Researcher at Google. I am a PhD candidate at Queen’s University and affiliated with the Vector Institute. My research primarily focuses on self-supervised learning to acquire meaningful representations from unlabelled data, i.e., without (or with minimal) human supervision. Earlier, I interned at Borealis AI in Fall 2022. I joined Queen’s University in 2018 and completed my master’s degree in 2020. Prior to that, I worked as a Software Engineer for a total of approximately 3 years at Infosys and Tech Mahindra. I completed my bachelor’s degree in 2015 from West Bengal University of Technology, India. Other than research, I am passionate about photography and film-making.
I am interested in self/un-supervised learning, computer vision, video understanding, multimodal learning (i.e., vision-language, audio-visual), out-of-distribution generalization, large-scale pretraining of foundational models in vision and multimodal domains, and understanding the high-level context from long videos, among a few others. Please find more about my research here.
- [Sep 23] Our paper got accepted in NeurIPS as a Spotlight.
- [Aug 23] Accepted an offer from Google to join as a Student Researcher.
- [Nov 22] 2 papers got accepted in AAAI 2023.
- [Oct 22] We are organizing AAAI 2023 Workshop on R2HCAI.
- [Oct 22] Honourable Mention in poster competitions (1.) Robotics and AI Symposium 2022 and (2.) FEAS Research Symposium 2022.
- [Jun 22] Accepted an offer from Borealis AI for a fall internship as a Machine Learning Research Intern.
- [Oct 21] Best poster award at Robotics and AI Symposium, Ingenuity Labs, 2021.
- [Aug 21] We are organizing AAAI 2022 Workshop on HC-SSL.
- [Aug 21] One paper that I supervised got accepted into HAI 2021.
- [Mar 21] I received postgraduate affiliation award from Vector Institute.
- [Dec 20] Our paper CardioGAN got accepted in AAAI 2021.
Click to see more
- [Aug 20] My first journal/transaction as a first author got accepted in IEEE Trans. of Affective Computing.
- [Apr 20] Successfully defended my M.A.Sc. thesis. picture
- [Jan 20] Conference paper on ECG-based SSL got accepted in IEEE ICASSP 2020 for oral presentation.
- [Sep 19] It was a great experience to visit the University of Cambridge and meet Rosalind Picard. picture
- [Jun 19] My first paper got accepted for oral presentation in IEEE ACII 2019.
- [Sep 18] Joined Queen's for master's degree.
- [Dec 17] Joined Infosys as a Sr. System Engineer.
- [Nov 15] Joined Tech Mahindra as an Associate Software Engineer.
- [Jun 15] Completed graduation!
- PhD at Queen’s University, Canada, 2020 - Present.
- MASc at Queen’s University, Canada, 2018 - 2020. Link to MASc Thesis.
- B.Tech at West Bengal University of Technology, India, 2011 - 2015.
- Research Assistant at Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, 2018 - Present.
- Machine Learning Research Intern at Borealis AI, Toronto, Canada, Fall 2022.
- Sr. System Engineer at Infosys Ltd., Bangalore, India, 2017 - 2018.
- Software Engineer at Tech Mahindra Ltd., Hyderabad, India, 2015 - 2017.
- Teaching Assistant/Guest Lecturer at Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, 2018 - Present.
- Vishal Narnaware, Visiting Student at University of Cambridge, co-mentored with Nikhil Churamani, present.
- Debaditya Shome, MASc at ECE, Queen’s University, present.
- Jordan Posen, ECE at Queen’s, undergrad final year project, 2021.
- Rachel Phinnemore, CS at Queen’s, undergrad final year project, 2020.
Organizing workshops and conferences
- Session chair for CV tracks in AAAI 2023.
- Co-organizer of AAAI 2023 Workshop on R2HCAI.
- Co-organizer of AAAI 2022 Workshop on HC-SSL.
- Volunteer at AI/GI/CRV Conference 2019.
- NeurIPS, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICASSP, ACII
- IEEE Transactions on - Affective Computing, Artificial Intelligence
- [Jul 2023] at Ingenuity Labs, Queen’s University, Title: Learning withour human supervision
- [Jan 2023] at Borealis AI, Title: AugESeq: Augmentation improves Event Sequence prediction